Monday, June 23, 2008

First Blog


A picture of my first pair of socks. I knit them at the same time on size 3 circluar needles.

I love to knit. When ever I have free time I will work on a project. Most of the time I only have one on my needles at a time. Right now I'm knitting socks for my 6 year old daughter. I wish I could say that it was easy to learn this skill but it was not easy. I started my first sock in the fall of 2006. I kept getting it wrong and kept having to frog the sock and start over. In 2007, I joined the Rockin' Sock Club http://www.bluemoonfiberarts.com/newmoon/. I never made a sock from the yarn or patterns that I received. It was not until the end of May 2008 that I finally got a completed sock off my needles! And it was a simple sock that I made (see picture above). I do plan to get started on a pair of socks from the Rockin' Sock Club. As soon as I get up the nerve!

What I decided to do at the beginning of 2007 was to knit something that would help me improve my knitting so I could actually knit a sock, so I knit over 30 different dish cloth patterns. I'd go to Micheal's, buy a dish cloth pattern book and knit every pattern in the book. I have to say that my knitting has improved at least 50%. Now I have completed two shawls, numerous scarf's, one purse, one and half pairs of socks (working on the mate to the second pair now), and two sets of wool clogs among other things.
I have other fiber interests as well. I also spin my own wool although I have rarely used any of it in knitting. I plan on spinning more often so that I can make something special. I just have not decided what it will be yet.

No comments: